Created in 1998, the International Awards L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science honours - every year - 5 eminent women scientists from 5 regions of the world.
This year, these exceptional researchers are rewarded for their important contributions to the fields of Physical sciences, Mathematics and Computer science.
An award of €100,000 is given to each of the five laureates selected by a jury of internationally renowned experts.
The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence bythe international scientific community,
- Be actively involved in scientific research,
- Work in the fields of Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science
There is no age constraint.
To be considered eligible for an award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members. Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Qualified nominators may be :
- Heads of Universityor Scientific Institutions,
- Members of Academies of Science,
- Holders of Research Chairs,
- Full professors
- Past For Women in ScienceAward Laureates,
- or at a minimum holders of a PhD in Science.
Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online dedicated platform: https://www.forwomeninscience.com/en/awards, and have to be written in English.
GenderInSITE invites its network to nominate exceptional women scientists for this highly prestigious award.